Grout sealer repels water, grease, oils, and most stains so that they may be easily be removed by gentle mopping with clear water and mild dish detergent.
- Apply grout cleaner to grout joints and scrub with brush. For very large projects, a steam pressure washer may be used with a shrouded surface cleaner attachment. (The anti-splatter shroud prevents the steam blast from scattering contaminants.)
- Extract dirty wash solution from surface of tile and grout with a wet vacuum and squeegee wand.
- Rinse with clean water and extract the rinse water with a wet vacuum and squeegee wand.
- If grout color is satisfactory to customer, apply penetrating sealer to the grout. It dries clear, so no buffing is required.
- If grout color is not satisfactory to customer, apply colored sealer to the grout and allow it to cure for at least 10 minutes; then buff tile face to remove excess colored sealer.